How do I enroll in one of your language courses?

To enroll in a course offered by the EALC department, students must be enrolled in the University of Chicago either through the College, A graduate department, The Graham School or a Professional School. Each program has different requirements for admission. The department does not independently admit students for language study.

Can you mail me a brochure on your program?

All of the information for the department can be found on this website. Printed books on undergraduate programs of study are available from the College.

I'll be visiting campus, can I stop by to meet with faculty?

While you are welcome to stop by the department, it's best to schedule appointments with faculty or language directors before your visit. Prospective undergraduates often find it most helpful to meet with the director of their respective language program. If there's a specific area of study that matches a faculty member's interest, you may wish to contact that faculty member to arrange a visit. All directors of study are listed on the Contact Us page. Many faculty members arrange their office hours in advance and have limited time so we encourage pre-arranged meetings when possible.